How well is your website converting traffic into sales?
Content Marketing for Lead Generation and Search Ranking
- Increase Website Traffic
- Generate Leads
- Convert Leads to Sales
- Measure and Continuously Improve
Content marketing is a fundamental tactic for growing your B2B business. High-quality, keyword-rich content, that provides premium value to prospects and users, is an invaluable element in generating online B2B leads.
"Google depends on the high-quality content created by wonderful websites around the world. Google rewards those companies that are creating original, high-value content by ranking them more highly in searches, thereby providing more opportunities for them to expand.” Amit Singhal and Matt Cutts on the Official Google Blog.
Your “Content System” spans the length of the sales funnel – to feed and nurture leads at all stages of the sales process.
- Top of funnel – Increase Website Traffic - Industry/category information - including educational information on the “category,” industry trend reports, “How To” blog posts
- Middle of funnel – Generate Sales Leads – Content specific to your solution - customer case studies, product/service information
- Deep into funnel – From Lead to Sale – sales calls, consultations, demos
Increase website traffic
Create website content to organically, through natural search engine drive traffic to your website at the top-of-funnel of sales leads.
Keyword-rich content, content that naturally includes your key SEO words and phrases, is the backbone of your website and online business collateral. Both on-page and off-page content need to be keyword-rich (with the best keywords for your business) to generate website traffic and improve your search rankings.
- A) Search Engine Optimized Content for organic traffic:
- Positioning and Messages – develop a Communications Platform, as the foundation for all of your content, that clearly expresses your product messages and competitive differentiation.
- Competitive keywords for on-page and off-page content – Target the best long-tail keyword phrases [explain] and search phrases for your business and use them in both on-page and off-page content. Long-tail phrases are those very specific to your product or service.
- Develop deep content specific to your individual products or services
- Develop your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy for both your website on-page and off-page content and your Social Media Marketing (SMM) campaigns.
- B) Website Refresh leverage the Positioning and Messages work to refresh your website with relevant keyword-rich content and prepare it to be a lead-generation machine.
- C) Blogging for continually refreshed content – more content = more chances to improve your search ranking. Create blogs that leverage your customer’s language and topics. More indexed pages, pages recognized by Google and other search engine, will improve your search rankings.
- Blog on your website and on other relevant websites. Companies that blog get more web traffic.
- Include a “call to action” in every post – to help push prospects down the funnel from leads to sales (sign up for a white paper, add your name to our email list, etc.)
- D) Social Media Sharing
- Make your content viral - make it easy to share your content – include widgets (linking icons on the page) to Tweet, Like (Facebook), Google +1, and share on LinkedIn.
- Include back links to your own website from social sites.
- Actively participate in conversations (on other sites) around your keywords and phrases.
2) Generate Leads – translating Website traffic into leads
Once your website is optimized and website traffic is improving, it’s time to move the prospect from “interest” to “buy”.
A) Develop premium content offerings that require contact information to obtain – focused content for specific target customers that move prospects deeper in the sales funnel.
- Webinar invitations
- Case studies
B) Build specific landing pages for each offering, with call to action, to collect specific customer information
C) Capture and nurture program, based on your Content System to
continue moving the prospect down the funnel.
Leads created from premium, targeted content are very productive sales leads as they clearly convey your prospects’ needs and interests.
3) From Lead to Sale
Your human or automated follow up moves prospects through your Content System, at each level offering the prospect deeper content.
- A) Prospects “self-qualify” by requesting deeper information.
- B) Lead nurturing and segmented email campaigns are used to kick off a series of actions intended to generate sales.
- C) Sales hand-off - when the prospect is ready, marketing hands sales a well-informed, warm lead for the next step in the sales process.
4) Measure results – focus on continuous improvement
“What can we do to make it better.”
Measuring the effect of content campaigns, then leveraging those measurements to improve, is essential for a solid link between sales and marketing.
- Website traffic
- Keyword rankings
- Leads generated
Addison Marketing for Keyword-Rich Content
A blend of continuously refreshed keyword-rich content will improve your website’s search ranking and generate leads that help move your business prospects “down the funnel,” while creating a lasting relationship between your brand and your users.
Addison Marketing creates custom content for your specific business – thoroughly researched and populated with appropriate keywords/phrases to drive business to your website.
- Communications platform for consistent messaging
- Tailored content to cater to your specific business
- Thoroughly researched thought-leadership materials that will generate leads and drive sales.
- 100% original—sparsely using industry buzz words
- Eagle-eye review to ensure exceptional quality
- Compel prospects to ‘act’ and move down the funnel through increasingly tailored collateral
Results: improved search rankings… higher conversion rates… more sales!
Content Marketing versus Pay-per-Click (PPC) advertising for SEO
Consumers increasingly understand the difference between “paid” and “organic” listings in search results. Investing in SEO-rich content will ultimately increase the amount of relevant traffic coming to your site, and will help you build positive ranking and keyword referrals.
Using content marketing to fuel SEO is a long-term strategy, but the results are long lasting. Your investment in great keyword-dense landing pages or blog posts will remain cached in Google – unlike your PPC ads that will disappear as soon as you stop paying.
- Search-friendly Website pages
- Company Blog
- Press releases
- Press coverage
- Customer case studies
- White papers
- Definition of Terminology page
- Webinar links
- Happy customer quotes summary page
- Conference participation presentation copies
- Capsule Summary on How differentiated from competitors and advantages to the end customer
- ROI examples with calculation premises for using your products and services
- What the market analysts are saying
- What the industry pundits are saying
- FAQs section
- Company history and vision
- Company Leadership
- Stock valuation prospects [if public company]
- Key Partnerships
Beyond the basics:
- Create a screencast [what is this?] of your product and share it on your blog
- Step-by-step guide on how to use the product in a screencast or video
- Industry or Category:
- Common mistakes in the industry with solutions / fixes
- Top 5 things to avoid when XXX
- Top 5 things to do when XXX
- Leverage industry content:
- Find relevant editorial content in your category and write an article/post that agrees/disagrees with it
- Leverage industry research and add commentary
- Collect Tweets from a webinar or conference hashtag and offer take-aways in a blog post
- Develop a list of Industry FAQs
- Develop a “trends watch” feature
- Leverage your own content and community
- Excerpts from your white paper and link to the whitepaper
- Share a section of your upcoming webinar and “tease” the webinar to get the rest of the info
- Create short videos of white papers as intros and post on website
- Create an intriguing presentation (new statistics) - host on Slideshare with links to website; share in blog post
- Create a survey among community members and post results and commentary
- Interview a top/interesting customer
- Create an ongoing, active blog program. [Can be assigned to various company individuals or even outsourced.]
- Institute a response to customer articles and key editor articles.
- Thought Leadership
- Interview experts and post interviews and tips
- Video interview “feature guests’” in industry
- Do a review of complementary services in the industry
- Explain a current topic – “What XXX means to the YYY industry”
- Run a contest
- Ask for guest posts from community members
- Offsite, online content, with SEO-based hyperlinks, drives traffic to your website as well as improves your search rankings
- Press releases
- Contributed articles
- Blog contributions
- Create “share” power in the social media playing field
- Share buttons on website – especially next to fresh content
- Integrate keywords naturally in blog posts and writing